Wednesday 17 March 2010

Sexy soundtracks

Music has always been a very important part of my life, and in this is a key ingredient for setting the mood for me.
I’m a romantic deep down (very deep!) and I tend to love music that takes a twist on the usual soppy romantic ballad. I’m not the kind of person who goes all gooey listening to Robbie Williams or Aerosmith, but there’s definitely a subtle kind of weird melancholic romance in the cure and Leonard Cohen songs that appeal to me.
Hallelujah is just so hauntingly beautiful (the Cohen version) and “so long, Marianne” is a great song too. “just like heaven” by the cure has to be one of my favourite songs and has romantic connotations. Nine inch nails “closer” is one of the LH forums peeps favourite sexy songs, for obvious reasons! “Forever” by papa Roach is romantic to me with the lines “Because days, come and go, but my feelings for you are forever”. Evanescences “breathe no more” is a haunting, sad yet romantic song. Least I think it is peronally.
One of my favourite bands of all time is HIM, they describe themselves as “love metal” and most their music is on romantic themes. On their latest album my favourite song has to be “the foreboding sense of impending happiness” which I can’t find the album version of on YouTube. “killing loneliness” is another firm favourite and is on the bands myspace here
so do you have any favourite sexy songs? I’d love to hear them and add to my playlist.

3 comments:

  1. NIN Closer is good, but I reckon Every Day Is Exactly The Same is much sexier! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. im not too familiar with NIN songs, but will check it out, thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIN I can imagine would be good to fuck to- I would worry that it would make for an agressive fuck...oddly even though I am a big music fan, I tend to not listen to music during sex...I find it distracts me from the job at hand!

    ReplyDelete